There's a seemingly endless pool of infographics about Social Selling around the world wide web, so we rounded up a handful that we think are particularly comprehensive and will save you a little time to understand why and how to implement Social Selling.
With data from Forrester, Gartner, Aberdeen and SiriusDecisions, among others, the following 9 visuals produced in 2015 show the process but also highlight the benefits that B2B organizations see in Social Selling. They clear up the confusion and offer a comprehensive overview of the topic. Enjoy!
1. 12 Stats That Prove You Need To Start Social Selling
- 71% of salespeople believe that their role will be radically different in 5 years.
- 57% of the buying decision is completed before the buyer is willing to talk to a sales rep.
- Traditional sales techniques are becoming less effective in the selling process. The average cold calling appointment rate is 2.5%.
2. The State Of Social Selling In 2016
- 61% of organizations engaged in Social Selling report a positive impact on revenue growth.
- 72% of sales professionals feel that they are not proficient with Social Selling.
- 74.9% of companies report an increase in their sales team using Social Selling in the next 12 months.
3. The Death Of The B2B Salesperson
- 1,000,000 B2B sales jobs will go extinct by 2020.
- Nearly 75% of B2B buyers now say that buying from a website is more convenient than buying from a sales representative.
- 40% of companies who don't transform will be dead in 10 years
4. The Resurrection Of The B2B Salesperson
- 74% of today's B2B buyers conduct more than half of their research online before making a purchase.
- There are four archetypes of B2B salespeople: Order Takers, Explainers, Navigators and Consultants.
- The only growing B2B sales job will be the consultant which will see a 10% job increase
5. It’s A Buyer Funnel, Not A Sales Process
- 84% of CEOs and VPs use social media to make purchasing decisions.
- 9 out of 10 B2B buyers say online content has a moderate to major effect on purchasing decisions.
- Sales Enablement tools can help sellers quickly identify where prospects are in the buying journey and support a personalized selling experience for that prospect.
6. A Proven Social Selling Routine: What 50,000 Sales Reps Told Us
- We’ve crowdsourced over 50,000 sales professionals all over the world on their best practices. This visual describes a proven Social Selling routine to help you impact every stage of the buyer’s journey: from lead generation to prospecting and closing more deals.
7. The Experts Speak: 9 Sales Predictions That We Can’t Ignore
- Sales tomorrow is going away from persuasion, targeting and promising. It's going into much more collaborating all together, facilitating through professes and building ecosystems.
- Companies that invest in operationalizing and scaling Social Selling will have a massive competitive advantage.
- Data is the key to prioritization and profiling, especially when it comes to outbound sales prospecting.
8. How Sales & Marketing Alignment Can Boost Revenue
- By aligning sales and marketing, your company could generate 208% more marketing revenue.
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth.
- When sales and marketing teams are in sync, companies are up to 67% better at closing deals.
9. What The Fastest Growing Companies Have In Common
- The fastest growing companies are investing more into emerging technology and training at a higher rate than slower growing companies.
- 39% of fastest growing companies invest into industry-specific technology and advancements versus 29% of slower companies.
- Even though 3 out of 4 executives see disruption as a constant that will only increase in the future, only 17% of them felt ready to handle it.