Yes you heard me!
If you’re VP of Sales and you can answer yes to many of these check-listed items below, and you decide to ignore the signs, you will no longer be the VP of Sales of your current company within 2 years.
Today I was talking with Kevin Coppins @ Meru Networks - who’s an absolutely visionary sales leader. He has a real game plan that over the course of 2014, his sales team will be the benchmark for the modern sales and marketing professional. When you hear him talk about how he’ll guide his team through the mindset shift, the skills training, and deploying all the advanced tools necessary to drive more business, it’s really impressive. He’s someone that heard the stampede of changes going on in the market, and is taking action!
Idea’s for this blog also came from Tynan Fischer @ NH United - who is also an exceptional thought leader in the space of social selling and sales enablement. Tynan and his company has trained 100,000’s of professionals around the world. He has seen the success or failure of VPs of sales and this is exactly his list of YOUR WARNING SIGNS!
Can you answer YES to some of these points?
- Do you hear sales reps leaving voicemail after voicemail?
- Do your sales reps complain that they just can’t get a hold of their prospects?
- Are your sales reps skipping the need to describe who you are, your competitors, and your solutions place in the market? They’re skipping this because the client already knows the answers.
- Do buyers seem much more abrupt, asking to get down to numbers? They want to see pricing immediately.
- Are your sales reps walking into a “bake-off” with competitors in most proposals?
- There seems to be much more discounting going on from your sales reps, because “the client said it was just going to come down to price”.
- Are you losing more and more deals to competitors?
- Have you brought up the idea of sharing valuable content (insights) with your buyers to your sales team, only to get "I don't have time!"
If you can’t find answers to some of these common challenges, you will be out of a job in two years. If you haven’t also been noticing all the success that Social Selling is having with sales leaders, I highly recommend you begin reading this topic further.
If you don’t want to be left behind the 8 ball – you need to start to take action. The following dozen blog posts on utilizing Social Selling strategies using LinkedIn can help you start. If you are really looking for some hidden gems on how you can attract a very specific prospect, I recommend you check out – 10 Steps to Building a Social Selling Machine. Find the topic of Social Selling interesting? Click below to book a time in my calendar to explore further! So what are you waiting for? Download the below guides .