If I had a nickel for every time I heard the below excuses....
- I'd love to read that book but I just don't have any time.
- I wish I knew product X the same way Jim does. How does he do it?
- I'd like to find new clients but I'm just too busy to make any cold calls.
- My quota is way too high and I don't have enough sales opportunities in my pipe to hit my numbers.
Stop the excuses!!! Why you might ask? It's because I know first hand how social selling can work for busy sales people. Let's take my business Partner Jamie Shanks as an example. If you thought your life was busy check out his life:
- Successful Entrepreneur (Managing Partner at Sales for Life) who has spent the last year learning and building a new product from the ground up
- Subject matter expert in the field of social selling
- Plans and runs 10-15 webinars per year
- Field Social Selling trainer and frequent flyer who travels across North America on a regular basis training sales teams
- Active blog writer - wrote over 100 articles in the past year
- Attends or speaks at industry events 5-6 times a year
- In the process of writing a social selling book
- Acting VP of Sales at Sales for Life and responsible for training our new sales hires - currently training 2 new Principals
- Father of a 9 month old
- Did I mention he also managed to sell and buy a new home this year too
With Jamie's travel, training and speaking engagements, his life revolves around shifting blocks of 30 min slots in his calendar to squeeze everything in. If there was anyone who I would expect wouldn't have time to do business development it would be Jamie. Yet, using a simple process of 30-60 minutes a day of Social Selling, in the past 6 months he was still able create 34 new opportunities and converted 14 into new clients, all using social tools like LinkedIn & Twitter.
If Jamie is able to generate this kind of ROE (Return on Energy) with only 30-60 minutes a day. Imagine the possibilities. To get a better snapshot of his accomplishments check out the below infographic and REO on his last 6 months of Social Selling.
There are no acceptable excuses for not creating new business using social selling. With less then 30-60 minutes a day, Jamie was able to produced 34 hot new prospective buyers and turned 14 of them into paying clients. It all begins with the commitment to learning so start by checking out some blog articles and downloading our Social Selling guides:10 Steps to Building a Social Selling Machine, 9 Steps to a Winning LinkedIn Profile for Sales Professionals and our 42 LinkedIn Inside Sales Tips
If you would like to chat more about how to get started in social selling, click on my below calendar link so we can book a phone meeting to chat further.