Easily the most common fear sales managers have with Social Selling is the ability to track and keep sales reps accountable. It’s not like tracking calls, or tracking emails – which tools like InsideSales.com have helped managers keep teams on track.
The reality is – tracking your sales reps activity and results can be SOOOO EASY! If you’re hesitant, here’s a guide from the 1,000’s of sales reps that are being measured on Social Selling activities in our Social Selling program:
1. Network Growth – below is a real-life example of a sales team (names protected) using our training curriculum. Sales reps are determining every week or month the growth of their LinkedIn & Twitter networks. This is vital as the activity from LinkedIn & Twitter will inevitability grow a sales reps social database. The larger the social database, the higher probability of creating new opportunities.
2. Content Engagement – Your sales reps need to be encouraged to share content. Sharing your content will:
- Attract more prospects to their LinkedIn profiles
- Increase the probability these prospects will share your content
- Drive more Marketing Qualified Leads to your sales team from the content
Note: to determine content engagement, you should be gathering the sales reps:
- LinkedIn Views, Likes, Comments & Shares
- Twitter Retweets, Mentions & Favorites
3. Opportunities – Capturing your sales team’s opportunities should be in your CRM. You may need to add a few fields to track, but you’ll need to understand:
- Are these Social activities uncovering new companies / new database growth with companies in your market?
- Are these Social activities creating real opportunities!
4. Revenue – THIS IS A NO-BRAINER! Make sure you are tracking the source of the new opportunities in your CRM (ie. LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
If you don’t want to be left behind the 8 ball – you need to start to take action. The following dozen blog posts on utilizing Social Selling strategies using LinkedIn can help you start. If you are really looking for some hidden gems on how you can attract a very specific prospect, I recommend you check out – 10 Steps to Building a Social Selling Machine. Find the topic of Social Selling interesting? Click below to book a time in my calendar to explore further! So what are you waiting for? Download the below guides .