On March 15, 2019, Matt Heinz, President of Heinz Marketing and the host of Sales Pipeline Radio, had an exciting conversation with the CEO of Sales for Life, Jamie Shanks. Jamie is one of the masters of B2B sales, the leading voice of digital selling, and one of the world’s leading social selling experts.
The topic of this particular SalesPipelineRadio.com episode was to help organizations and individuals understand the importance of digital selling. Matt Heinz began the program by congratulating Jamie Shanks on becoming the leading voice in digital sales.
The program centered on these five topics:
• Where does Jamie see social selling at the beginning of 2019?
• What is the reason behind shifting from social selling to digital selling?
• What is the difference between social selling and digital selling?
• What is Jamie’s perspective on integrating traditional and modern ways of selling?
• About Jamie Shanks’ new book Spear Selling along with the reason to target account-based sales.
• How can a social proximity mindset help find the right accounts that are most likely to engage buyers?
Jamie provided examples and groundbreaking statistics to illustrate his points. He also explained how he got into social selling and created his own business development strategy. Instead of teaching people about what he is doing, his goal was to create business development mechanisms among tools and techniques such as emails and face-to-face meetings, to help sellers align with buyers.
Jamie also explained that social media is only one mechanism that is helping sellers connect with buyers. He believes that the digital tools and fingerprints that customers leave behind can be harnessed to help sellers. Companies like LinkedIn have taken this beyond digital and are calling it modern.
It’s just infusing the 21st century into your sales practice.
If you’d like to learn more about account-based selling, check out Jamie Shanks’ latest book, SPEAR SELLING: The Ultimate Account-Based Sales guide for the modern digital sales professional.