In December of 2015, Millennials surpassed Baby Bloomers as the largest living generation. In fact, The U.S. Census Bureau found that more than one-in-three American workers today are Millennials. Millennial workers bring new attitudes towards technology and the workplace and B2B leaders need to adapt their management and enablement approaches to effectively engage, motivate and retain these resources.
A new report by Forrester Research titled May The Force Of The Millennials Be With You! discusses how go-to-market organizations will increasingly be comprised of Millennials holding inside, field, and sales management positions.
Some of the key takeaways from the report include:
- 3/4 of Millennials have an account on a social networking site and 83% place their cell phones right next to their beds while sleeping at night
- Millennials have greater expectations around how quickly they will be promoted
- They expect easy access to information that flows constantly through the internet
- Millennials learn best by doing rather than spending hours in the classroom going over concepts and procedures
- For most success, managers need to set clear expectations for millennials and show them a clear path to success
Join the author of this report, Mary Shea (Forrester), Gabe Larsen (InsideSales.com) and Jamie Shanks (Sales for Life) on Wednesday May 11th at 2:00 PM EST to learn more about the findings of this report and recommended best practices for managing and training millennials.
Why should I watch this 30-minute session?
- Develop a deep understanding of the unique skill sets, attitudes and behaviours that millennials possess
- Understand the millennial mindset
- Learn how to adapt your sales management processes, training methodologies and technology stack to maximize millennial productivity
Date: Wednesday, May 11th
Time: 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes