MarketSource Inc. provides outsourced sales solutions for organizations. It offers retailer solutions, such as direct sales, experiential demo days, consumer engagement, and merchandising audit and enhancement; and manufacturer and services solutions, including training and brand advocacy, direct and assisted sales, experiential events, and merchandising audit and enhancement. The company also provides business-to-business sales through direct sales, indirect sales, and sales support. Its solutions enable customers to gain new customers, launch new programs, grow market share, increase ROI, and maximize mature products. The company was founded in 1975 and is based in Alpharetta, Georgia.
• Outsourced sales resource to B2B sales & marketing departments.
• Outsources sales resource to retailers.
Why Focus On Digital Selling?
The sales team is a blend between account-based selling (enterprise accounts), and open account business development. Keen to develop specific sales plays that address both sales motions.
- Change management is what they bring to market. They sought to test their own methodologies using digital sales transformation as the litmus test.
- Channel development was critical to the long-term success of the business. Social Selling would be used to acquire and nurture a growing channel ecosystem.
- Like most organizations, sales & marketing alignment had an opportunity to tighten by executing digital sales plays more effectively.
- Wanted digital activities and campaigns that would create >35% more new logo acquisition.
Is Your Sales Organization ready for the modern buyer?
Learn how Sales for Life’s solutions can help you transform your organization to serve today’s buyer with digital and social selling.
How Was Success Measured?
Program success was evaluated through Sales for Life’s measurement framework, grounded on the Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model, as the industry best-practice. While much of social selling enablement is focused strictly on training, Sales for Life’s model is built around knowledge transfer and application. This is ultimately tied to sales results and ROI. It was through this approach that MarketSource was able to correlate actual sales results through application of learning.
Sales for Life Creates
What Change Management Occurred?
- 100% of the participating sales reps got certification
- LinkedIn SSI growth: 77 to 84
- New activity growth: Sharing content at least once per day on LinkedIn while heavily engaging other posts generated 25,000 New Followers in 12 months
- New opportunities created: 6 New Opps Avg Size $1M in first 90 days
- Pipeline coverage growth: 20% Increase in Qualified Leads year-over-year
Happy with the results, MarketSource is now entering a reinforcement phase with Sales for Life to ensure knowledge is retained and continuously applied. With behavior change as the core driving principle, Sales for Life continues to support all sales professionals to ensure they’re ahead of the learning curves.