Last updated: July 20, 2018
Sales for Life Inc. (Sales for Life or “we” or “us”) respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights and it also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information. The use of information collected through our website shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which you have engaged Sales for Life. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our website at www.salesforlife.com (“Website”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
WHO IS SALES FOR LIFE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
Sales for Life is global training provider for the sales and marketing community specializing in social and digital selling training and consulting. Sales for Life’s headquarters are based in Toronto Canada. Further details can be found about Sales for Life on our website at: https://www.salesforlife.com/about-us/
GENERAL WEBSITE INFORMATION
The following are things you can do while visiting our website if you prefer NOT to have information about your visit collected.
- Disable cookies within your browser before visiting our website;
- Choose not to submit information via web forms located within our website;
- Choose not to “opt-in” to certain programs that are available on our websites;
- Choose not to complete any surveys available on our website.
COOKIES AND SPOTLIGHT IMAGES OR WEB BEACONS
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SALES FOR LIFE COLLECT AND WHY
Browsing – If you are simply browsing or navigating through our websites, we collect information about your computer and the pages you visit on our website in the aggregate (not individual or personal information). This data is often referred to as clickstream or navigation data. We use this information for research, analysis and reporting so that we can improve our navigation, page structure and page content to help visitors find information more quickly and provide more value when they find what they are looking for on our websites.
Submitting Forms – Certain pages of our website contain forms that allow you to request information about our services and solutions or to gain access to valuable resources (like white papers, eBooks, and research documents) in exchange for contact information. In completing one of these forms, you may be required to provide contact information, such as your name, phone number and/or email address.
Completing Surveys – For surveys, we collect responses to help us improve various aspects of our business based on aggregate and individual feedback provided. These surveys are sent via opt-in marketing programs or are made available on our website for you to participate if you so choose.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with your personal data, as contemplated above, in addition to using the data for the express purpose for which it was provided, we may, if permitted by applicable law, use your information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us (or by your employer and us)
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide through surveys or otherwise
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you, including activities or promotions of our products or services, or those of our affiliates
- Send you newsletters, event notices and announcements
- Process a job application
Where appropriate, we may also share your personal information with selected technologie partners (ie Hubspot) to help us provide you, or the company you work for, products or services, or to fulfill your requests, or with your consent. When selecting our suppliers and partners, we take into account their data handling processes.
If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers. It is our practice to require appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
If you do not wish for us to use your data in the ways described above, you may follow the instructions contained in the relevant communication, update your communication preferences in your online account (if applicable) or by using the below section How To Contact US.
Please be aware that in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also share your personal information to protect our rights or property, or that of our business partners, suppliers or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
We may place email links on this site to allow you to contact us directly via email. The information you provide is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. Those comments may be stored to improve the quality of our site and our services.
Our international service footprint may involve the transfer of personal information between different third parties technology partners located in the countries where we do business. Some countries have implemented transfer restrictions for personal information. Where required, we’ve ensured Standard Contractual Clauses are approved by the EU Commission, or similar contractual clauses in other jurisdictions.
HOW DOES SALES FOR LIFE KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We and our selected technology partners employ procedural and technical measures that are designed to help protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not overcome any such measures and gain access to your information for unauthorized purposes. By using the website, you accept the risk that compromise of and unauthorized access to your information is possible. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any warranty or guarantee that your information will be protected from misuse, appropriation, alteration, or loss.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In the event that we process your data for marketing purposes, we will delete your data if we have not received any responses to our marketing activities for a period of three years. The deletion will occur within three months of such three-year period elapsing.
Our Website and any services we provide on this Website are not intended for individuals below the age of 18. As such, we do not knowingly process Personal Information about individuals under the age of 18.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please use the below How To Contact Us section below to submit your request.
If any part of the Website links you to other websites, those websites DO NOT operate under this Privacy Notice. We recommend you examine the privacy notices posted on those websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact George Albert, Chief Operating Officer, using the following details: email@example.com or (416-570-0033).Address: Sales for Life Inc., 40 Eglinton Avenue, East, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3A2, Canada
The data controller of your personal information is Sales for Life Inc.